• Registered
we have put our claim for joint income support and carers alowance but got told they havent recieved it due to the postal strike.

i hadnt given much thought to the strike before and was wondering if anyone knew the days they were striking and how long it will last?

• Administrators
This week it is yesterday, today and tomorrow. Lastweek it was thursday and friday. They plan to continue I assume until they have reached an agreement! I believe all the info is on the Royal Mails website.....try googling royal mail and looking there directly to get a full load of info!! (I'd post a link but I am on my phone Big Grin) I have my DLA forms to do but I will probably do them online as I don't want them delayed!! Xx

• Registered
i did the carers ones online, but i havent heard anything yet that was two weeks ago. i phoned up income support and they recieved it this afternoon but might not be looked at til monday.

• Administrators
my advice would be keep on at them on the phone and tell them its casuing you hardship.
You are aware that if you are in a situation of hardship you can claim a crisis loan?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
i get my child benefit on tuesday and child tax on thursday so they said they couldnt do a crisis loan. i will be phoning monday dinnertime as it will have been 2 weeks for something they promised would go smoothly (yes they actually called me back to say how everything would transistion nicely and there wont be any problems) but i guess they werent counting on the postal strike. i didnt want to do it online because i couldnt fill in the amount of carers allowance as i have only just appiled for it, and it was hard enough to make it clear on the form that both me and my partner had applied for each on of our children. i claimed for my daughter and my partner claimed for my son.