• VIP
(06-01-2010, 06:38 PM)Dawn Wrote: Sorry it took a while to get back to you.

The interest on house and contents insurance also gets paid for you. This amount gets taken out at a different rate so sometimes it can look as though you have money sitting there.
Also, as the interest rates fluctuate it can make calculations a bit complicated.
Over the space of a year you would see it does all work out and there is no excess.

thankyou for getting back dawn , well you see we pay just a £1 towards it every month just to keep the direct debit going they say , and there is a amount left over every month which is just sitting there with the mortgage company , and we pay seperate for the building and contents insurance?? i have asked the mortgage company for the excess money back so we can use it to pay the insurance as we pay every month out our own pocket , but they said they need a letter from dwp for there permission , as they done in the past and some customers have had problems as dwp have got in touch saying it was a overpayment and it messed up there mortgages!! so basically they just wanna cover there backs .....but getting through to dwp for this is a nightmare , can you see them sending a letter !!! i doubt it phat chance !! any ideas??

• VIP
It does sound as though the DWP have made a bit of a mess there.

Who helps you do the forms? We have a lovely lady from welfare rights who does the forms for the whole family and she sorts out any such problems.

Or you could make an appointment with someone down the jobcentre and take all the paper work along with you?
Dodgy

• VIP
(06-01-2010, 07:44 PM)Dawn Wrote: It does sound as though the DWP have made a bit of a mess there.

Who helps you do the forms? We have a lovely lady from welfare rights who does the forms for the whole family and she sorts out any such problems.

Or you could make an appointment with someone down the jobcentre and take all the paper work along with you?
we went to the job centre they had the copys of them all and did it all then , its basically because we switched the mortgage to interest only also , so we have spare from the payment they make each month , but if i ask too much they might take the payment right down you know what they are like? lol
but i did ask if they could help with a loan i also had we took it out for the windows on the property and im paying that back monthly myself , they said they cant help with it as its not secured on the house Sad
so im forking out for this loan and the insurance a month when i use the money just sitting in the mortgage place , the mortgage people have said it will still be there they wont spend it lol

• VIP
Do you have welfare rights where you are?

It sounds as though you could use the support of such a service.
In our situation, I had a baby 4 months early so having to go on maternity leave before planned made us very short of money. His medical needs meant i couldn't go back to work.
Husband was self employed but then found he had a tumour on his spine and his mobility was affected so badly he couldn't work.
We came very close to loosing everything. It was quite a struggle having to care for both of them.
And as fate didn't want me to be left out, I now have rheumatoid arthritis.

Then this lady came to our home. She assessed us as a family and was able to look at exactly what we were entitled to claim. She helped do the forms and dealt with any problems that arose.
We have been dealing with her for 4 years.

We were also advised to go through everything and read the small print. Many insurances cover problems such as not being able to work. So do you have any on credit cards, loans, home etc?
With your debts, ring them and arrange to pay smaller amounts. Tell them your circumstances. Even if you are just paying £5 a month it keeps them happy. We asked for repayment books as they made things that bit easier.
Dodgy

• VIP
(06-01-2010, 08:37 PM)Dawn Wrote: Do you have welfare rights where you are?

It sounds as though you could use the support of such a service.
In our situation, I had a baby 4 months early so having to go on maternity leave before planned made us very short of money. His medical needs meant i couldn't go back to work.
Husband was self employed but then found he had a tumour on his spine and his mobility was affected so badly he couldn't work.
We came very close to loosing everything. It was quite a struggle having to care for both of them.
And as fate didn't want me to be left out, I now have rheumatoid arthritis.

Then this lady came to our home. She assessed us as a family and was able to look at exactly what we were entitled to claim. She helped do the forms and dealt with any problems that arose.
We have been dealing with her for 4 years.

We were also advised to go through everything and read the small print. Many insurances cover problems such as not being able to work. So do you have any on credit cards, loans, home etc?
With your debts, ring them and arrange to pay smaller amounts. Tell them your circumstances. Even if you are just paying £5 a month it keeps them happy. We asked for repayment books as they made things that bit easier.

awwww dawn im sorry to hear al this , u been through a tough time ,
i thought it was bad for us , yes i might speak to a welfare person dont know where to get one from though? do you know if asda sells them ? lol joke sorry thought id make u smile Smile
im glad u back on your feet , we all go through a tough time which makes us stronger and then at the end of it we pull through , its amazing ...xx