• VIP
hi just wondering if anyone is getting there mortgage interests paid by dwp , they pay the interest on mortgage if your out of work or cant work due to caring for child with disability

i want to hear from people who are doing this as i have a question

kind regards x[/size][/font][/b]

• VIP
We used to till we got back on our feet a little. What do you need to know?
Dodgy

• VIP
how long did u have it paid for hun?

its just that huby was made redundant and we now get income support between us all and they pay interest on mortgage , but you see there is some left over which the mortgage company are just leaving it sitting there , as the mortgage is switched over to interest only also , but i asked if they could send it to me as it was my entitlement or pay the mortgage balance with it , but they said i need dwp to confirm it in writing that i can have it?!! but obviously dwp are not going to do that are they .....so dont know what to do with it

• VIP
We had it for 3 years.

I would have to ask my husband the exact details but as far as I am aware the money is solely for what it is intended.
So it doesn't belong to you to ask for it.

I'll ask him about it tommorrow when he gets in and I'll let you know. x
Dodgy

• VIP
Sorry it took a while to get back to you.

The interest on house and contents insurance also gets paid for you. This amount gets taken out at a different rate so sometimes it can look as though you have money sitting there.
Also, as the interest rates fluctuate it can make calculations a bit complicated.
Over the space of a year you would see it does all work out and there is no excess.
Dodgy