• Administrators
Do remember now you do have a LEGAL right to be taught in mainstream school.
Many local councils forget to remember this Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
really daniel? how can i go about this awful event ive had to deal with Confused

• VIP
im not saying this has happened but is it possible the SEYS has been in toch with LA who has been in touch with the Nursery of your choice. They changed everything they said and turned things around suggesting your child will be better off in the special nursery. Its all about money and how much it would cost to educate your son in a mainstream nursery compared to the special nursery.
We had the same thing with our 11 year old the LA wanted her in a local MLD school as it was cheaper than 30 hours 1-1 in a mainstream school with other therapys on top, like speach and OT. We were told our mainstream school could no longer meet her needs, so after a long fight and my daughter doing 1 hour per day for over a year we won her place at an independent special school for children with an average IQ.
If you really want the mainstream nursery i would fight for it in our area it is hard to get out of a special school placement and back into mainstream. You can request a statement now and the school can access the Early Years Funding for the 1-1 support required in your choice of nursery, while the statement is being written.

• VIP
thankyou Julie for that info

yes i do think she is behind this , she has always insisted on my son going to that peticular nursery the special needs one , and im not letting him go no way no chance !!! there is another nurserie here thats mainstream and has enhanced few children with additional needs , i will apply to that now but just worried i left it late as he suppose to start in september but what u said makes sense even if i just take him in for 1-2 hours for 3 days a week ....im sure they can cater for him , till the statement gets done..... but in the meantime i want to complain about the other nursery but dont know where to start lol

• Moderators
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Schoolslearninganddevelopment/YourChildsWelfareAtSchool/DG_4016106 dont know if this will be any help, i only ever put in complaints re social services hehe but they should be welcoming you not putting blocks in your way i thought they wanted integration
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.