• Registered
disability living allowance, the system is a little hit and miss from what ive picked up overall. you could get it if your child cannot do that of a child his or hers own age that doesnt have a disability. GDD is still a disability i think in its self, it affects greatly everyday life and impacts your child greatly. dla is about how much more care your child needs than that of a child who doesnt have a disabilty. you do not need a diagnosis, but it helps if someone like a doctor or health professional can support your claim. as well it may be better if you got help filling in the form as they are very long.

• Registered
Hi not been on for a little while and just read your post about dla, my son has GDD and I receive the high rate care componate for him so definatley put a claim in my support worker helped me fill forms in. I too am finding Harry is getting very fustrated he is 2 next week put he head butts alot and pinches when he's fustrated and cant tell me what he wants. hope you are well, Kerry

• Banned
my 2 boys get disability living allowance at high rate as they both need a high level of care. i filled the dla in myself and i took it day by day and got someone to look over it for me. when you do fill out a dla form you are best to take a photocopy of it yourself before sending it so it proof if they ever have to phone you up and check something out.

• Registered
Hello Kerry did you strugle to get an award or was it awarded straight away?

• Banned
Dolly do you mean Karen, for my oldest son i didnt i got it straight away, but my youngest they phoned up to ask questions. and we ended up getting the high rate for him also. depends what area your from i would think and how long they take, if you have had aletter to
confirm they received ur application then it shouldnt be long.