• Registered
Im unsure what you mean but basically the health visitor wrote in his red book the following:

Cognitive, language, and social developmental delays ive searched the web for a few of these terms but they are very broad can anyone help shed some light for me.

• Administrators
What your health visitor has wrote covers alot of areas and could be a number of issues with Global Development delay.
As you said what you found is very broad but these narrow down to your childs needs as such.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Sometimes its just nice to hear other people in the same boat.
Just seems tiring sometimes and so alone.
Its just so nice to see a member who is going through the same as me.

• Registered
Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know you are certainly not alone (as hopefully you can tell by the replies lol) It can be very hard work managing everything, i totally agree with the above that you need support in this too. My son is 5 and has an underlying condition which has caused his GDD, he recently began at a special needs school and they are really supporting him, his speech is coming along (able to put 5 words together now and tries to sing!) The singing part i never thought would happen...proof the hard work can pay off Smile
My son has autistic characteristics but im banging my head against a wall fighting the system for an assessment, the way i see it is to take any tests they offer, if anything it can put your mind at rest, if its not offered you usually have to fight to get it, i wish that could sound more positive then it does. Don't blame yourself, you are not at fault, we have all been there, all done the same thing, its only natural to do that. Keep positive, enjoy the things he can do. Im in Kent too if thats any comfort at all for you, sometimes it can be, knowing someone else is close by. Smile
Happiness is the path we lead not the destination Idea

• Registered
Oh dear it does not sound good that you have to fight the system like you are.
Is this the norm or just because of your doctor?
Thanks for the kind words of support.
Im finding my son is getting so frustrated not being able to speak well and im finding it really tough at the moment.
He is throwing tantrums because he cant get his point across and this is why i think my mum thinks it autism but to me its just frustration.
One of my freinds say i should claim something called dla because im always going the health visitor and back and forth and really having to deal with this behaviour all the time.
But then somebody told me GLD is not a condition as such and i wont get accepted?
How does this work and what is it for?