• Administrators
I saw another family in the paper yesterday.
A man who worked for the disability living allowance department knew his job that well all his children and his wife and mum were classed as disabled and he claimed all benefits.
And this man worked for them....
What hope does that give really....
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
oh dear imaine the stress of keeping all that up or the blind cheek. i wonder how many people are claiming it and shouldnt be, maybe its the ones where they dont phone up the references as i put down my sons and daughters doctor, and my daughter and sons keyworker as they have them the most but when i asked if they had a call about it they hadnt i just got middle rate care (which i was over the moon with). my daughters doctor has written to me and put a plan of action for me to do it has about 6 things on it - number 4 is for me to claim for higher rate dla now she has a diagnosis but ive been putting it off as i find the whole thing quiet scary.

• Administrators
they don't stop your money if you put in to claim again now you have a diagnosis, I would if I were you. Could be well worth it for you. Do you get mobility at all aswell??

xxx

• Registered
no, at the time for my daughter she was sleeping through really well - so i put that on the form that she needed no care through the night (no point lying if they were probably going contact the doctor) now my son has been a terrible sleeper he is hard to get into bed, and has night terrors, and is awake from 4 am onwards. he just doesnt need much sleep, and he shouts loudly and i or my partner lay on the sofa with him while he plays in the room. but i didnt get mobility for either.

i was grateful at the time but i really need to be driving as the Children are missing out and its not fair on them when they cant cope with just walking down the street never mind getting on a bus. and unless we all go out for a walk we all cant go as its unsafe for me to take out them both together as they are both runners and my son just toddles out on the road without even looking if you arent holding his hand, i keep my daughter in the buggy sometimes but she is getting too big for it. my son also bumps into people because hes not looking where he is going - this really tall man once nearly fell over him but instead my son just ended up headbutting him in the private parts lol!

• Administrators
lol bet that was funny to see. I would re-do your claim, stating your son/daughter does not sleep. I would also go for mobility, stating they cannot walk down the street, they are dangerous alongside the road, do not follow instruction, are missing out on things as they do not like crowds/noises so cannot go on a bus! anything you can think of in relation to mobility that is different from other children their ages! I'm sure your doctors will back you up, they sound pretty supportive! xx