• Registered
the dad to her daughter is now her ex-husband and lives somewhere else, we still see him sometimes and i asked him what he thought of his daughter being autistic and he started laughing saying it was bull***t. at that time all she had said was her Health visitor was saying autism, because her daughter was supposed to be noise sensitive (which i can also name plenty of times why i also know this cant be true), she is supposed to only talk to people she knows at her house and wont look or speak at anyone out of her home (also i know thats not true either as loads of times ive seen them out and about and she has looked and spoken to me as well as holding my hand). and shes is supposed to have odc after she sorted out some nail varnishes which i asked her ex about and he said it was only once.

then when i next spoke to her she was having a visit at greenacre (our local special needs school) and her doctors appointment was coming up. then she was telling us she had been missing quite a few appointments she was supposed to have. she seemed really tee'd off when i told her about my daughters diagnosis and she went on and on about how she didnt know how i'd got it because her daughter is older than mine. i guessing she thought there might be some trick that i could share with her (mmh if only!!). then it was that her daughter is so intelligent she is a 6 year old in a 4 year olds body (i wouldnt have thought that would have been autism). she has gone and bought her a push chair even though she hasnt used one for 2 years.

• Registered
seems to be alot of people getting away with but what can we do?
Be tougher and make it harder for people who deserve it?
Makes me wonder how they get the doctors to sign off paperwork?

• Registered
shes always been one for claiming what she shouldnt get, she was claiming full time childcare and her husband was looking after the Children (although she got found out for that and inland revenue want about £46,000 back off her), then she was working 12 hour shifts nearly everyday but only claiming to do 16. but since her husband left she has had to give up work. she got a new boyfriend who had 3 children of his own two of which were (truly) autistic and he was getting dla as she was bragging her new man was on £600 a week. they split and suddenly her daughter is autistic. but he is still going to help her with the forms so i guess she will know exactly what to put. i dont know why this bothers me so much, shes been fiddling for years, but this time it has really driven me crazy.

she has always been hard to get along with and she has to top everything - if you have just had the happiest day of your life she can top it. im not a competitive person so i find it really hard to talk to her. in the past when i was having a hard time not knowing what was up with my son - i knew something was not right and all i got from her was 'stop being so daft, its boys being boys - all boys are like that'. then she was telling my partner behind my back i getting him branded as a 'retard'. then a few months ago she came round to borrow dishwasher tablets (for the millionth time - im sure she doesnt buy them) and she planted herself at my kitchen table and ask how the assesments were going for my son and daughter and she seemed really supportive. she wanted to know details, looking back now she must have just been collecting information. now everytime i come up my path she comes right out and starts telling me her doctors said theres 'something worng with her daughter' and she seems to be right excited about it. i had to bite my lip when she said that she wanted the school to give her warning that there was going to be a fire drill. i had to ask if school had offered her any support and she said there isnt any because her daughters too inteligent - the whole thing just makes me feel old and tired.

• Administrators
How bloody annoying. I wouldn't take it personal (although i can imagine its difficult not too) just remember she's only doing it for attension (and money), her children won't thank her for it when they're older and they have grown up being treated differently! Theres always one......

xx

• Registered
im keeping away from it but shes there everytime i come up my path. im dying to say i cant believe she would go so low as to make up her childs disability. im sure that others will see right through her and after that other woman not so long ago doctors will be looking twice at childrens disabilities.