• Registered
I felt a bit out of place here at times when I first joined but when I read of the troubles some families are dealing with and the way everyone rallies around .... there is a real caring feeling on this forum and such a diverse group that it works really well. I thought I was an oldie for ages until I saw some of the pics Wink

• Registered
I'm just hoping the Dr's when we move will be more helpful than our current doctors and we can finally move forward.
Married to my Soulmate since 12.12.09
Together since 30.01.04 Heart

Became a mum of a special child on 03.12.02 Heart Heart
Became a mum to another beautiful daughter on 01.09.2005 Heart Heart

• Administrators
hi rainbow and welcome to the forum Big Grin i'm lucy....i'm usually on here alot but things have been a bit hectic at ours for the past few days so i've struggled to get on Blush we often struggle with our doctors, i think i find the gp the worst, they prescribe our sons meds and thats about it really, last week they refused to do that! the normal doc was away and because some of the meds he's on have to be hand written and are not for children, the other doc refused Angry i had to go back n forth to get them all done and the right doses (if only they read the letter from the hospitals....).

The whole reason we started the forum is because we felt we were left to go it alone, thanks to alot of reading and speaking to other parents on here about things i'm now pretty well informed.....the educational psych got a bit of a shock when he came out last night Angel probably expected us to know nothing Big Grin

so...anything you need to know or even just to rant...feel free to let it all out on here Fight

xx

• Registered
Thanks Lucy, I'm so glad it's not just me!

I took her to our GP's a few months ago, as the pain had moved from her hips into her hips and lower back, and he agreed that she needed some proper testing, he did a few things with her and asked me to take her back 2 weeks later so he could see how it had progressed.

When I called to make the appointment (heaven forbid that you try to make an appointment more than 2 days in advance!) the GP we'd seen wasn't in, so I thought oh well if he's said that then any GP will do it. So I took her to one of the others and he said she was making it up. I had been up all night with her screaming with spasms in her back, and apparently she was putting it on! He refused to send her anywhere! The pain is now in her hips, legs, lower and mid back, hence the reason we took her to an osteopath.

However, my problem (am I the only one!?) is, I went through a similar thing, I started with pains in my knees aged 3, and my mum was fobbed off time and time again. When I had T, the pains had started in my hips, and my ankles, I was 18. I was 21 when I finally had an MRI scan which showed SBO and they also concluded I had nerve damage because I'd been left so long. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in Jan this year. So I am VERY protective of T, and when the Dr's are been a pain, I either get annoyed or angry, and I know neither help me but I can't help it. I do have a secret weapon if the Dr's up north prove to be as useless as the ones here, my Grandma! hahaha she has a way of getting things done, so if they are not listening, I'll be taking her with me!
Married to my Soulmate since 12.12.09
Together since 30.01.04 Heart

Became a mum of a special child on 03.12.02 Heart Heart
Became a mum to another beautiful daughter on 01.09.2005 Heart Heart