• VIP
Hello all i have been claiming nappies for my son since he was 4 years of age as they say that he should be toilet trained by now if he was able bodied. We get 12 packs till next month we just ring up and order within the next time.

Get in touch with your ot and see if they can give you the number of your local incontenence service.

If your child is dry in the day u are not entitled to free nappies for the night time, this is wrong i have tried to talk to them but they wont change the system. You can keep claiming the free nappies for as long as you need them for both day/night.

If you child does go dry in the day there is a website that you can get these type of nappies from ALLANDA and when you order online you are vat exempt you just mark down on the site when you register what your child has, i use them as a top up when we were in the middle of changing the sizes. If you order of £30's worth you get free delivery.

My son is on the small maximum - maximum for extra protection at night as he wees a lot at night time and the nappy holds more even if you check the website out for advice and information thats ok you dont need to register for this. They also give you the sizes or maybe send trial ones.

When you first get in touch with the incontenence person ask them to give you samples so you can see what size will be suitable for your child, they are generous on sizes, our son was first on xtra small normal didnt last long on these i had to fight to get them to c hange to the maximum size you think it came out of their pocket, the money. My sons incontence lady ssaid no way does he wee that much it took a few months of fighting but we won for now.

Good luck and I hope you get the right amount you need. xxx

• VIP
no nappies in Bury till you reach the age of FIVE!!! its a joke
I never thought it would happen to me.

• VIP
HuhHello LexieLamb

Ooh that is so awful but i would keep fighting saying why is it right for one area and not for your area it should all be the same, when they reach pass the age of 3 they should be entitled to free nappies as they are not as able bodied children are they? it is discrimination against your child. xxx

• VIP
Did anyone see the pampers bit on watchdog the other night. There is a bit of an outcry that they changed their nappies and didn't tell anyone.
After reading further it seems that pampers have also been linked to chemical burns.

The continence service deliver pampers. I have noticed they are not as good quality.

Also, as soon as he has a wee they hang very low. I thought it was the hanging low which has caused a sore spot on his leg.
When I read a bit more about the chemical burns I am now not so sure. It looks an awful lot like the photos of other children burnt by the nappies.

So now I am wondering. Do I brush it off as 'one of those things', after all I am not having to pay for the nappies.
Or do I take it further and ask the continence service to change brand.

What are they likely to give me if not pampers?
Dodgy

• VIP
Hello Dawn no are's arent pampers there tena and are brilliant. xxxExclamation