• Administrators
(05-14-2010, 10:30 PM)melaniepither Wrote: In west berks where we live the age is also 4 but when I applied I told them how many nappies Owen used in a day and they send out enough boxes to cover around 3 months at a time..fortunately we have quite a big garage with plenty of space to store them!! It's not fair that the age/quality and amount varies so much from area to area though..yet ANOTHER example of the postcode lottery that seems to be everywhere in this country!!

Its true it is a postcode lottery with no national guideline to set out clear instructions.
It is something that really has to change and be more centralised to the NHS on the whole rather than to local area's.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
does anyone know how we apply for these?

• Administrators
I phoned up my health visitor to enquire about it before we knew it was 4, she did the forms with me over the phone but whoever she sent them to sent them back telling us it was 4. If you havent got a health visitor you could try someone like a nurse? or if you child visits the hospital ask someone there? they should all be aware of it....

xx

• Registered
thankyou Smile

• Administrators
Also what area are you in as i maybe able to find your local service?
As in some areas you can also self refer Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE