• VIP
I am not sure. Our total income is about 22,000 which includes wages, tax and child credits, dla, c/a.

We have 3 children. Would we still qualify?

Ginny

• Moderators
(05-14-2010, 08:51 PM)ginny Wrote: I am not sure. Our total income is about 22,000 which includes wages, tax and child credits, dla, c/a.

Ginny

if you have no other incoming like housing or council tax benefit i would think you do as we are just over that (or were before hubby dropped his hours) and apart from asking for proof of dla as it hadnt come until after i sent of the application i think we have qualified, all we have now is the argument that they might say the item is "educational" Big Grin
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
(05-14-2010, 08:51 PM)ginny Wrote: I am not sure. Our total income is about 22,000 which includes wages, tax and child credits, dla, c/a.

Ginny

Exclude the DLA and whats the total income?
Also do you recieve any council tax benefit or housing benefit at all?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Im due to apply again in a few months and now i cant see us being able to get it, without tax credits we qualified for it but now they include the tax credits, i dont even have to work it out as i know we wont be entitled to it. Its so unfair as i really needed that grant as i have a few things i needed but cant get as we wont be entitled to it now

• Registered
I wouldnt qualify under either set of 'rules' but it does seem grossly unfair to include tax credits and childcare and especially outgoings that we have no choice over like housing costs.............. and to not take into account how many children are in the household? surely they are in direct breach of the governments funding agreement (anti poverty strategies maybe?)
Unfair assessments would also mean the money they recieve in grants to administer is being recieved under false pretences, If I was a doubting person I could suggest that the changes are a way of showing their 'success' because it would show a drastic drop in the level of families getting grants but it also shows that their equal opportunities policy is worthless if they are excluding any group from our society as well so come on Family Fund ..... admit you were wrong to make ill considered changes and get it sorted!