• Administrators
(05-14-2010, 08:05 AM)jacknchloesmum Wrote: do they take into account the DLA and on tax credits the disability premium ?

They do not count Disability Living Allowance or Child benefit but they do count the disability premiums in tax credits.
And as you said it does cost alot more to raise a disabled child.
I know it costs us a fortune as well.

I cant see how these new rules make it fairer for those on lower incomes as all i can see is it penilising the most basic of earnings.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
I am living on benefits and adoptioin allowances and despite having 2 qualifying children do not qualify for help. They do NOT take the nr of children into accounrt at all. I asked a rep from the fund about this and she said nrs of children did not matter. I pointed out that the dad sitting next to me with 1 qualifying child who earned just a few pounds a year less than i did would get help and i would not despite probably having less dispoable income; she agreed but said those were the rules. It also depends which part of the uk you live in when the cut off age is implemented.

• Administrators
Some major problems with this new system that is meant to be "Fairer" yet all i can see is that it has made it harder for those that need it.
In fact i have not actually come across anybody yet that has it easier because of these rules.

• VIP
Hi all

So if you only have one part time income, WTC and CTC inclusive of severe disability premium, carers allowance and DLA, will this be effected ?

I was going to apply again in June and wondered if this would effect me. Would anybody know.

Many thanks.

Ginny

• Administrators
(05-14-2010, 01:37 PM)ginny Wrote: Hi all

So if you only have one part time income, WTC and CTC inclusive of severe disability premium, carers allowance and DLA, will this be effected ?

I was going to apply again in June and wondered if this would effect me. Would anybody know.

Many thanks.

Ginny
The only benefits they dont count as income is DLA and child benefit but everything else including housing benefit and council tax benefit and WTC AND CTC and work income and carers allowance is included as household income.