• Registered
Hi All,

We've had aletter back from the Family Fund saying they can't help us as we earn too much on benefits.

When i rang them a few weeks back to ask about my second disabled son and how do i clainm if at all possible for his needs rather than the first son who they already had listed. She said it dependsif you wanted something specific for little one, i was after Sencsory equipment. She said this make take a long time to go through and i may want to think of something easier for son they had down.
So i went for a much needed new cooker and hubby said if i got it, he'd give me a bit for some lights and sensory bits and bobs for now.

So i went for a cooker under son they have down and have now been turned down.

Is this the case or should i contact them., any ideas?

MM xx

• Registered
hi, has your previous claim been over 12 months, if it has then i would phone them to ask why they have turned you down... good luck

• Registered
It has, they say we are earning too much. but we are on benefits only at this time with no childcare costs?

• Administrators
They consider council tax benefit and housing benefit and income support and tax credits now and a few other things.
These new rules were meant to make it FAIRER for people but all they have done it made it so much harder for the average family to get help.
It is wrong on a major scale.
Give me a few days and we are getting a petition up and running to try and get this policy reviewed as it is failing many families that need the help.

So say for example where previously i have cited childcare payments as an issue another issue here is imagine you live in London and your annual rent is likely to be alot more than say a smaller city and if you recieve help with your rent you are being penilised on your postcode.
These new rules are really affecting many more people and leaving those at the lower income scales in severe financial hardship.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
do they take into account the DLA and on tax credits the disability premium ? if so i think its unfair as we get that because our children are disabled , and what if you have four on disability the premium would be higher and take you way over the 25000 ,, looks like its going to effect lots nowSad
(05-14-2010, 08:05 AM)jacknchloesmum Wrote: do they take into account the DLA and on tax credits the disability premium ? if so i think its unfair as we get that because our children are disabled , and what if you have four on disability the premium would be higher and take you way over the 25000 ,, looks like its going to effect lots nowSad

our cost of living with a child/ children who are disabled cost lots more , ie, nappie, constant hospital visits,equipment we can not get on nhs, more bedding, clothes, and so on i could list more.