• Registered
I was thinking more along the raised awareness and supervision lines Daniel, if the staff are shown how to act in a certain situation (I>E someoen with mobility needs accessing facitities) and be aware a few times what they need to do then it may stick. The 'letting them know you are reporting back' just puts them on best behaviour as the way PODC is growing it will be a major medal for any business to get a recommendation from here Smile

• Registered
Blackpool Zoo, Lancs

Well, we visited in Winter, but thought it might be usedful to post in case anyone thinking of visiting this holidays.

The zoo itself is mostly accessible...we had our little boy in his Major pushchair and we were fine.

The cafe wasn't great, but there are picnic areas where you can eat you own lunch!

We paid about £50 for the four of us...(2+2kids) but were told afterwards that disabled children and carers get in for reduced prices, but we were not made aware when we went in!

We had a fun day, as I say it was still cold when we went and there was a bit of maintainence going on. Worth a visit though!!

Have fun xx

• Administrators
(07-08-2010, 07:31 PM)MrsCrops Wrote: Blackpool Zoo, Lancs

Well, we visited in Winter, but thought it might be usedful to post in case anyone thinking of visiting this holidays.

The zoo itself is mostly accessible...we had our little boy in his Major pushchair and we were fine.

The cafe wasn't great, but there are picnic areas where you can eat you own lunch!

We paid about £50 for the four of us...(2+2kids) but were told afterwards that disabled children and carers get in for reduced prices, but we were not made aware when we went in!

We had a fun day, as I say it was still cold when we went and there was a bit of maintainence going on. Worth a visit though!!

Have fun xx

Hello Mrs Crops,
Thanks for the review its always great to have people offering independent reviews.
The disabled prices which i just looked up for Blackpool zoo are as follows:

Disabled Adult £8.00
Carer £8.00
Disabled Child £6.50

They also have a disabled access policy which can be found on:
http://www.blackpoolzoo.org.uk/disabled_access.cfm
I like the idea of the private medical room as well for those that require more personal attention.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE