• Administrators
My 7 year old daughter has started wetting the bed frequently, she has never had this problem before and the doctors have tested for an infection (which she has not got). I was wondering if maybe it was attension because I have a newborn baby and a 2year old who is disabled, maybe she thinks they get more attension than her but they really don't.
She regularly stops at nannies houses and goes on short holidays with them, whereas the other two don't because they have too much baggage attached! I feel like my family are blaming me but I haven't done anything to treat her differently or push her out (which is what my nan suggests).
Has anyone had such a problem with a sibling of a disabled child. The thing that makes me think it's that is that I remember her once saying to me 'i wish i was disabled' . Any tips on solving the problem too?

Lucy xx

• VIP
Sometimes our 'normal' Children do feel different rather than left out, you may not treat them differently but they can still feel it, if you know what I mean. Sometimes our Children can struggle with their brother or sister's disability because they simply don't have the level of maturity to understand. I had the same problem with my daughter when she was younger but with her behaviour, as she didn't understand Jack or why he wouldn't play properly. She now just thinks he has a 'slow brain', it's the simplest way I can think of to explain autism.

I hate to say it but she sometimes is 'left out' as I have to do work with him that she cannot be involved in as he has to concentrate. It's not anybody's fault, it's just how it is. Me and my partner don't have a social life Rolleyes, but we take my daughter (also called Lucy Smile) out every few weeks on her own when we can, to the pictures or for something to eat.

The bed wetting could be a symptom of feeling 'different', but have you tried stopping drinks an hour before bed, making sure she goes to the toilet before bed too? If it still continues I wouldn't worry too much although it must be a pain, you've got a lot on your plate as it is!

• Administrators
yeah I have stopped drinks, she always goes the loo before bed and the past 2 nite I have got her up when I go to bed to go the loo again aswell. So far so good. I wish I could take her out alone but nobody will seem to have my other 2 together as its difficult! (you would think they could cope for just one night as we do it every other!)

Social life.....whats that? Big Grin Im 23 in December and I don't think I have drank in nearly 4 years!!!! haha

xxx

• Registered
Here have a virtual gin and tonic (hands glass) I'm sure you need it! Zero calories too. Actually have some cake too (big slice of chocolate cake). xx

• Administrators
haha thanx for that!! lol just been my nans and had some cake actually.....don't you just love granparents who bake! hehe xx