• Registered
That sounds amazing. My daughter gets sick really quickly so being able to drive would be amazing. Also we are forever at appointments at the hospital and another hospital 28 miles away. To hard to make appointments when traveling on public transport.
Mummy to a very special little girl with Septo optic dysplasia, Diabetes Insipidus, Adrenal supressant and Infantile spasms.

• VIP
My driving lessons from the Family Fund start on May 21st, can't wait! Big Grin

Anyway, I've got the info here that tells you what you get, it says

Driving Lessons (45 hours)
2 Theory Test Fees
2 Practical Test Fees

Theory Complete Pack including;
Pass you driving theory test
Theory test question book
Interactive cd rom
Highway code.

Hope that helps Smile

Zaksmum - That's good your getting to do the pass plus, I really want to do that too, so hopefully I will have some hours left over to do it also! I've actually had loads of driving lessons before anyway so I'm hoping I won't need 45 hours (though I probably will lol).

• VIP
Hello, Family Fund here!

As others have rightly said, our package is 45 hours, a Theory Complete pack, and 2 attempts at each of the theory and practical tests. This is provided through BSM (unless they are not able to meet your needs).

In answer to the other query, as driving lessons is such a large grant, you are not normally able to apply again for two years, due to the limitations on our funding. You will be told in your award letter when you can next apply.

Please remember that grants from Family Fund are discretionary and subject to available funding.

Best wishes,
Family Fund

• VIP
(05-07-2010, 01:28 PM)Family Fund Wrote: Hello, Family Fund here!

As others have rightly said, our package is 45 hours, a Theory Complete pack, and 2 attempts at each of the theory and practical tests. This is provided through BSM (unless they are not able to meet your needs).

In answer to the other query, as driving lessons is such a large grant, you are not normally able to apply again for two years, due to the limitations on our funding. You will be told in your award letter when you can next apply.

Please remember that grants from Family Fund are discretionary and subject to available funding.

Best wishes,
Family Fund

Hi Family Fund, I have a question if you don't mind. I was awarded driving lessons and the lady who came to visit said I wouldn't be able to apply for something else for 2 years, which is fine, but I received my award letter today and at the bottom it says I can apply in 12 months? Just wondering if that's correct or if it's just a standard thing on the letter?

Thanks.

• VIP
Hi,

You should go on what it says on your letter. If this is the first time that you have applied, we have a little extra money, so can sometimes consider your next application within a year.

Best wishes,
Family Fund