• VIP
Hi everyone, not been around for awhile all went a bit Pete Tong. Anyhoos applied for DLA for my 18 year old Connor and Orla 18 weeks tommorrow. Result Connor got low rate for both mobility and care, indefinetly, Orla got high rate care till april 2012. Have let tax credits know as apparentely will get more. Just sorry I didnt apply for Connors years ago but hey ho better late than never
Paula and Orla
I DON'T NEED YOUR ATTITUDE!!! I HAVE ONE OF MY OWN!!!Fight

• VIP
oh yeah currently trying to get a blue badge for Orla. even thou she doesnt get any mobility, just a wee one, system is a bit crap have to make an appointment with a GP from a list provided by the council, must not be our GP, seems daft as he wont know her from Adam, or Eve as the case may be,,, oh yeah and passport photos ha ha ha lol

• Administrators
Well done with the dla!! Smile never heard of having to see a gp before to get a bluebadge, especially if its not your own gp! Confused xx

• Administrators
Well done on the DLA Smile
The blue badge varies so much from county to county and council to council.
In fact is just plain stupid the way the system works.
Does Orla have any medical equipment? Or need emergency access to a vechicle?
If so they should not be able to refuse at all.
But what concerns me is that going to a doctor you dont know that they dont know a full case history with every child.
For example if an autistic child went to a doctor and was reasonably well behaved that day then they wouldnt see the need for it,

Also it really makes me wonder if they have targets to meet.

And why dont they TRUST our GP's do they know they dont have any mind for targets and just what is best for the patient in many cases?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Hi Daniel and Lucy, I thought it sounds a bloody silly way to do it. liverpool council just asks that your GP supports your request for a badge, now although I live in liverpool I pay my council tax to knowsley metropolitan council, sounds posh, def isnt. We have an appointment fri am with a GP from the council list, stuff like this just causes me more anxiety than i need right now. Yes Orla is on oxygen at the moment so we have to take a cylinder out with us, least it comes with its own shoulder bag very fetching NOT. Yes I was quite pleased about the DLA, I think maybe Connor could have deserved a little more but you know how it is with Aspergers, we could appeal get sent to one of these Doctors who knows nothing about the condition and lose what he already has, I think it was sorted so quickly because they realised we could have been claiming since he was 6 but no one told us. better something than nothing, he's on about learning to drive so it can go towards lessons.