• VIP
my daughter was not let out of scbu until she could keep her SATs above 97 % for at least 3 days, and she left with an anpnoa alarm as she often stopped breathing and needed gentle stimulation to remember to breath. I would be concerened if your childs SATs are that level for a long period of time.

• VIP
i remember you saying that your little one stops breathing, i would insist on a sats monitor at home if it happens regularly, did the community nurse check his heart rate when she did his sats? if so what was it? Sats of 93 are adequate anything under 90 requires oxygen (usually, this will vary from hospital to hospital and depend on the childs normal sats).
Julie your NICU sounds very thorough, my 28weeker was discharged 12hrs after he came off of oxygen lol.
carrie x

• Administrators
really? gosh....with euan we had to do 24hours without sats dropping then 24 hours on an apnea monitor to check he wasnt holding his breath still only then were we allowed home. i remember even then i'd sit and watch him at night not quite believeing he wouldnt do it again but as far as i'm aware he has grown out of it. i do often wonder now though iff he still has some type of sleep apnea Huh

xx

• VIP
lol lucy, jacob was back on a ventilator 5 days later and at 2.5yrs still has a sats machine at home, they made a huge mistake discharging him x