• VIP
aww im so sorry 2 hear ur having a bad time xx huge huge hugs Smile xx
Heart my 2 boys so much

• Administrators
Respite varies so much from county to county and its all to do with the local areas funding.
This is where i get annoyed as there needs to be a national standard.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Hi all thanks for your support its nice to know there are caring people out there Big Grin

Cameron had reflux as a baby he was on gaviscon for the first year, then they took it off of him Sad i took him to see the doc 4 times in a month and she told me he was just attention seeking at night and that i just have to get on with it. i was convince he was waking with wind so found some gaviscon in the cupboard but it didnt help, i spoke to the health visitor who surgested he may have an intolorance to cows milk although the doctor was not even going to consider this, so i went and brought him formular toddler milk and for the 2 weeks he slept through fine Big Grin then he started waking again so i am going do a food diary to see if there is anything that sets him off (Last night he slept from 8.30 till 5 )

we have no help from social services at all so no i dont have a keyworker and have no idea where to start with all that Huh so if anyone can help that would be great. Matthew does have OT and still sees peads on a regular basis, we also have homestart 2 hours a week so we can get out which is great but no where near enough Sad

we are moving into a town so this should make my life slightly easyer at the moment we are in the middle of no where and there is no shop so you have to go in the car first, Matthew is fine in the car but hates getting out and going in the pushchair, its difficult aswell because he is so small the straps dont go small enough so he gets out easily, there is no where to attatch rieghs this makes getting a pint of milk a huge task, i have converted to online grocery shopping just for ease!

if anyone can think of any solutions they would be greatly recieved Big Grin
Becca
life is to short to worry about the future, what will be will beExclamation

• Administrators
To get yourself assessed for respite you need to contact your areas social services - child disability team. You can self refer, if you phone them and explain your situation and tell them you want to be assessed for either direct payments to pay for a carer to come to you or respite then they are legally obliged to assess you. if you let me know what council your under (feel free to pm me if you dont want to put it on here) then i can find the number for you. Smile

xx

• Registered
Hi Lucy i cant pm you as i havent posted enough messages lol

i am moving at the end of may and will be under eastleigh bourogh council, can i ask if direct payments different to carers allowance as i alredy get this for Matthew.

Thankyou for your help Big Grin
life is to short to worry about the future, what will be will beExclamation