• Administrators
i think i have a photo on my phone, i took it to show the lady at the cdc because he doesn't do it all the time i wasn't sure if he would do it there but as it happened he did a version of it with some little sticks out of the back of the car, he then knocked them down and put them back but when the lady tried to take them out again he started shouting no at her and pushing her hand away. I don't see why someone would tell you to stop it unless its causing you some sort of problem, it does no harm really its just to them its not 'normal' but if it keeps them occupied and out of fighting i dont see the big deal!!

xx

• Registered
this was before her diagnosis, they said it would get in the way of her having normal play and interaction. i had to say *newsflash* this is normal play for her. on the earlybird programe they encourage the autism. i wouldnt stop her unless she was somehow causing harm to herself or others. like my son when he 'stims' i have to tell him to move somewhere safe.

• Administrators
What is that your son does then ? does he do it at school aswell?

xx

• Registered
They have to be able to do their own thing some of the time I would hate it if someone was on my back 24/7 stopping me doing the things I love (oh hang on isn't that what my Children do! lol). My son had a friend round & we tried all sorts of things with them but they fought like weasels constantly. Then his mum & I went into the kitchen to make a cup of tea & they went quiet and were perfectly happy lining up a big box of cars in a huge line through the hall together! Also the same friend went to the soft play & they spent ages one of them taking all the blue balls out of the ball pit, carrying them up a level and putting them down a certain slide and the other one doing it with the purple ones!

• Registered
my daughter makes intricate patterns that are very inteligent for her age. she will do it with anything and everything. she does it at the shop, with a rack of lynxs (them little sized bullet ones). then she also makes neat the displays, they say can we keep her - lol.

that christmas counter seems looming now, is going fast or is that just my imagination.....