• Registered
well we had our visit about an hour ago and it feel strange for someone to listen to me without looking at me like im talking crazy. she was helpful and is going to try and sort out some respite if theres any funding left. my son was very well behaved - he talked at a million miles an hour and showed her some of his toys. then after about 20 of that he started to bring down his toys that are all sticky taped together, and then he started to pull faces (he starts just blinking and opening and closing his mouth over and over), then it was jumping and hoping, walking backwards - then the hand flapping came and the running from one place to another. i know she wasnt there to assess him but im glad she saw it, she did mention that if she had left after 30 mins she might have had speech and language delay on her mind but now she has seen the other behaviours she can see it might not be just that. she did say she wasnt there to say he has or hasnt got something If you know what I mean . she is going to contact the parent partnership on my behalf, and she is going to come visit me once a week to do some activities with my daughter which is the main thing i want.

• Administrators
Do you find you might need any extra support at home? If so, here is a good link http://www.home-start.org.uk/ . I think you can check online if you have one local to you they are really good. My cousin is waiting for a support worker to come out to her, they are great if you cannot get out much! They also run groups by me, I have started going to a support group for parent of children with disabilities or extra needs, its nice to actually meet with people who are in the same situation as you alongside talking online! Smile but if getting out is too much they will send someone round - even if its just for a chat!

Not sure if they are in every area but have a peep if your interested!

Lucy xx

• Registered
i used to have this with my first son, it was called surestart then and the lady who came out is my now health visitor. the family support worker is already contacting loads of people for me with the school situation so i feel less alone now, and for my daughter - she is going to come out on fridays and we are all going to do activitys together that my daughter will get enjoyment out of. and when im speaking to people i can now say that i have a family support worker which makes me feel more confident.

• Administrators
Home start and sure start are slightly diffrent.
However they are both excellent services which no doubt will be cut under budget cutsDodgy

Homestart are a national organisation and their website is as follows:

http://www.home-start.org.uk/
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE