• VIP
new program coming on channel 4 monday 12th april looks interesting maybe worth a watch
xxxxx I am the happiest woman alive i have my perfect family xxxxx

• Registered
(04-07-2010, 08:15 PM)soady Wrote: new program coming on channel 4 monday 12th april looks interesting maybe worth a watch

hi,
hope you don't mind but i have to plug this show! It's fantastic. I've seen the first 2 episodes already. I should confess that I am Ben's mom!!
So maybe I'm a little biased but taking part in the process was lifechanging for Ben. I was concerned about how we would be portrayed but the show has been done really well. It features the journey the Children took with the Lyric theatre with little snippets of their personal lives thrown in. it's done sensitively with some very humourous scenes. If you have an interest in Autism it is well worth watching. the Children taking part represent the whole ASD spectrum, from the severely affected to the very high functioning.
Becky Kenyon

Attached Files Image(s)

• VIP
im looking foward to this i have seen it advertised somewhere else. Its great that they are doing so many programs about autism now, im in one on BBC three sometime between 20th April and 1st week in May but not sure of the exact date yet. I cant wait to see this as it looks like it will be great

• VIP
i watched it last night and loved it, it was really good, i think Ben is great and i see alot of how i used to be in him when i was younger! (i have aspergers). I was a mixture of Ben and Mollie when i was younger lol, and i know this is strange for an autistic person to say but i can really relate to alot he says about both how he sort of blacks out and can only hear things when he is in a rage, i used to be exactly the same as him when i was younger and i just couldnt explain it to anyone as they thought i was knew exactly what i was doing(i wasnt diagnosed until a few yrs ago so my parents didnt know why i was the way i was), and also i can relate to him saying he wants to kill himself, i was exactly the same. Its also the same with Mollie and i can see myself when i was younger in both of them! Looking foward to the next one now

• VIP
oh no i forgot :$ i started a new job yesterday was 5 am start so think i was asleep by then anyhows lol will watch it on demand x
xxxxx I am the happiest woman alive i have my perfect family xxxxx