• Registered
i will make ths as short as poss

me OH 6 Children 15 14 13 12 9 and 1,13yr old is disabled has ot report stating ground floor wetroom and bedroom needed

live in 2bed plus attic room house sleeping arrangements are

15 14 boys in attic room(not a bedroom does not meet with standards for bedroom)

12 9 girls in bedroom1

13 in safespace in bedroom 2

me OH and 1 yr in dnning room 1yr old in our bed no room for cot

lived in present housing nearly 4yrs

local housing dept and local HA do not have the housing stock to house us

we are told we can not have anything smaller than a 4bed

private 4beds in our area are min 850pcm

have had a review this mornng and told usless the housig issue is sorted very soon 13boy will have to be removed from the home into fulltme care for health and safety reasons

ie we are unable to meet hs needs in present home

if we move out of the area we will lose our support network and yet again social services have said losing that support would more than likely mean removing 13boy from the home

anyone help?

• Registered
HI Catherine,

My god you poor woman you must be stressed to the hilts,are you currently in council house?
is there anyway you could move in same area but maybe to a housing association? or vice a versa! we had to do same as our local council didnt have any propertys.so we are now with a H.A and like you said the private rents were far too high. what have ss done towards getting you a move?
Smile

• Administrators
Hello Catherine,
My name is Daniel and i am one of the forum founders.
The very reason we set up this forum is too help people like you who are clearly being let down by the system.
This is an issue i will get my teeth into and believe me you still have options on this matter.
Tommorow morning i shall ensure i get onto this and post some valid options for you as quite simply your local council and social services are being unsupportive jokes to be honest.
I assure you i will do all i can to help and i will look into all options for you tommorow morning.

Try not to worrySmile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
we are in a private rent

local housing dept and assco have no housing stock what is big enough they have stated that we need a min 4 beds plus room to build a ground floor wetroom and bedroom

we cant build onto this house as there is only a yard plus there is steps to the front door but no space for a ramp,we have a pair of folding ramps but TBH we never use them as its such a hassle getting them out etc....we just set wheelchair up outside and walk him down the steps,thought they wont fit a handrail as we ve the ramps ie no need to use the steps

we only have a bath and 13boy is very unhelp when it comes to bathing,only last week he managed to pull me into the bath ending up with me smashing my shoulder on the bath taps and as i tried to get up right and smashed my head on the sink,we cant even lay him down in the bathroom to change him as his legs stick out the doorway,he is changed in the only living room in full view of the family,not nice for anyone

we are unable to have carers in to help as its a health and safety issue ie enot enough work space for them and no aids are installbed die to lack of space,we cant even have a brookflied chair for him

SS have be trying but they dont seem to have much power TBH as there simpley is no housing stock in our area

even without 13boy at home,ie he is removed into care we cant be housed as no housing stock

we cant go private due to cost,my OH works and we would get around £14 a wk housing benefit on a house at £850pcm,of what there isnt in our area anyhow

the reason we can not lose our support network is that my 1yr boy has never be at home for longer than 6weeks he is infact 22months old,he was born early and had a bucket load of problems and is now at a SN nursery my support network is on hand for when 999 needs to rang,we cant afford for my OH to take time off work so i need them close by not for this but other support,ie bathtimes as i cant bath 13 boy and watch the baby at same time,13 boy smears everyday so has to be bathed eveyday if not twice a day,also need them close by in school hols otherwise i cant get out of the house when OH is at work(6am to about 6pm) as i cant push a buggy and wheelchair on my own ,the reasons why i need my support network is endless TBH so i wont go on but you get the idea

need to get the Children sorted but ill post more later

ps thanks for the replys if anything least im not alone

• Administrators
(10-22-2009, 06:05 AM)cathrine Wrote: we are in a private rent

local housing dept and assco have no housing stock what is big enough they have stated that we need a min 4 beds plus room to build a ground floor wetroom and bedroom

we cant build onto this house as there is only a yard plus there is steps to the front door but no space for a ramp,we have a pair of folding ramps but TBH we never use them as its such a hassle getting them out etc....we just set wheelchair up outside and walk him down the steps,thought they wont fit a handrail as we ve the ramps ie no need to use the steps

we only have a bath and 13boy is very unhelp when it comes to bathing,only last week he managed to pull me into the bath ending up with me smashing my shoulder on the bath taps and as i tried to get up right and smashed my head on the sink,we cant even lay him down in the bathroom to change him as his legs stick out the doorway,he is changed in the only living room in full view of the family,not nice for anyone

we are unable to have carers in to help as its a health and safety issue ie enot enough work space for them and no aids are installbed die to lack of space,we cant even have a brookflied chair for him

SS have be trying but they dont seem to have much power TBH as there simpley is no housing stock in our area

even without 13boy at home,ie he is removed into care we cant be housed as no housing stock

we cant go private due to cost,my OH works and we would get around £14 a wk housing benefit on a house at £850pcm,of what there isnt in our area anyhow

the reason we can not lose our support network is that my 1yr boy has never be at home for longer than 6weeks he is infact 22months old,he was born early and had a bucket load of problems and is now at a SN nursery my support network is on hand for when 999 needs to rang,we cant afford for my OH to take time off work so i need them close by not for this but other support,ie bathtimes as i cant bath 13 boy and watch the baby at same time,13 boy smears everyday so has to be bathed eveyday if not twice a day,also need them close by in school hols otherwise i cant get out of the house when OH is at work(6am to about 6pm) as i cant push a buggy and wheelchair on my own ,the reasons why i need my support network is endless TBH so i wont go on but you get the idea

need to get the Children sorted but ill post more later

ps thanks for the replys if anything least im not alone

Hello Catherine,
Are you on housing benefit of any kind?
As housing benefit maybe able to assist you with this?
When was your last benefits check up?

Also in regards to housing have you declared yourself homeless due to overcrowding?
If not this is one of the first steps i would encourage.
You would need to fill in a homeless application and the council have a duty to respond within 30 days either stating they accept or decline you are homeless and as you are so over crowded they would have to accept this and with this then they are legally required to make you an offer of accomadation.

If they have no 4 bed stocks they could offer you a 3 bedroom property and make adaptions using a disability adaptions grant and make a bedroom and wetroom to the ground floor?

Believe me there are options for you and the council will not tell you about
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE