• VIP
What software are you wanting?
Dodgy

• VIP
Hi dawn, i havnt got a clue what its called lol, any kiddies ones really the one he plays at school is basically numbers, alphabet, colours games such as touch the odd one out, tht sort of stuff im aftr for him.

• VIP
The touch screen means that they can touch something instead of having to move the cursor over it to click. So any Children software would work.

Ask at the school which programmes they tend to use.

I am a student learning disabilities nurse and last week I was on placement in a special needs school. I amazed how fantastic even the nursery Children were on the computers.

The programme the children were mostly using there was education city. It costs £30 a year to subscribe to them but you can trial for free for 10 days http://www.educationcity.com/uk/content/take-free-trial-educationcitycom

A site I have found very useful at home and at work is http://www.senteacher.org/ they have free software to download.
(my favourite bit of this site is a bit under 'printables', scan down till you see 'aac photocards'. If your child usues visuals then this bit is a godsend).
Dodgy

• Registered
(04-04-2010, 11:36 AM)stressedhousewife Wrote: Hi all my son has autism and loves the touch screen computer at the assesment nursery he attends, has anyone got any ideas were i can get one plus the software they use, i can only seem to find them on american sites!! many thanks.Confused

depending on your circumstances and your sons age there is a home access grant from the government, you have to be either in reciept of CTC not wtc or free school meals, your son has to be a certain age think its years 5 to 9 not sure tho.

you could try NAS for a grant,

I know Milton Keynes youth council have individual grants (personal) or group grants that can fund things that will benefit 13yr-19yrs i dont know if your local council do similar things.there are with any grant critia you have to meet but its worth a look,

alternativly you can buy them in comets or argos around £400+
pc world should also be able to help.