• Registered
Has anyone applied for support through this organisation? They have quite a few rules about who can apply but it appears that I may qualify........... just wondering if they match up to their promises?

• Administrators
I have come across them through the Maybe use the benefit checker on the site using the navigation at the bottom organisation however have never come across them directly as a service or known anybody use them.
There website information was a little cryptic and didnt give much away.
What sort of financial help do they offer?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
It seems that they will offer professionals (yes I qualify as one) who have had to reduce their working hours or give up working through illness or disability in the family some regular financial help. The figure of £20 a week seems to be what they make available for people on benefits so that it doesnt affect their other entitlements but they also have a grant system for enabling people....... I hope someone can chip in with direct experience as I dont think my income will allow them to give us regular money but it seems a shame to dismiss their charity IF they are able to help.

• Registered
(03-30-2010, 07:12 PM)fatherjack Wrote: It seems that they will offer professionals (yes I qualify as one) who have had to reduce their working hours or give up working through illness or disability in the family some regular financial help. The figure of £20 a week seems to be what they make available for people on benefits so that it doesnt affect their other entitlements but they also have a grant system for enabling people....... I hope someone can chip in with direct experience as I dont think my income will allow them to give us regular money but it seems a shame to dismiss their charity IF they are able to help.

For those who do not know, Maybe use the benefit checker on the site using the navigation at the bottom, which is mentioned in this entry, is a free, confidential, charitable service that helps people access the money available to them – through welfare benefits, grants and other financial help. The online services offered include a Benefits Checker to check your entitlement to welfare benefits, a Grants Search database to help you find charitable funds that may be able to offer financial support and other services, depending on your personal background and circumstances.

• Registered
That is interesting as I am sure there are many people who find it hard to even ask for help, let alone start cold calling from a huge list in the phonebook (me for one) I may well have qualified for some support years ago but like a lot of parents we just deal with things ourselves.
Thanks for posting your details here, I am sure it will help a lot of people.
Pretty interesting site, I am a disabled sihngle dad with a disabled daughter and we live in Wales, nothing on the site is available to us, yet when I searched and removed my gender and location there was ober 72 possible offers of help........ I am sure it will still be of use to some people but sadly not me.