• VIP
well its his weekly weigh in tomorrow so im hoping hes put on Smile
Heart my 2 boys so much

• VIP
hi the ph should be done with out meds as if its done while still on meds its a false reading , they stop the meds here for a week before ph study, chloe as had the fundoplication at the same time as her feeding tube, hope hes ok now?

• VIP
a ph study they put a tube down the nose much like an NG tube and it records acid levels in the oesphagus, like the above poster says it should be done when your little one is off his medication to get an accurate idea. and oral aversion is an extremely common side effect in children with reflux, i know many who have had to be tube fed for extended periods of time because of it. x

• VIP
my daughter had to stay in hospital without medication for a few days before the ph test was done. she cried the whole time and the test showed severve reflux. she was then tube fed for several months whilst on a combenation of medicins. my daughter also had a delay in her verbal speech, although the speech therapist moaned at me for my daughter using a dummy. she seemed to forget it was there services who gave dummies to my daughter to teach her to suck. unfortunatly my dd was also intolerant to milk, soya, gluten so she had to follow a strange diet. she was very much so under weight, and had her own chart as the red book was no longer suitable to follow her weight. but now she is 12 and if anything we have to watch she doent eat to much. she still struggles to eat dairy foods they cause her tummy to swell up, but we think that may be due to her having IBS.

• VIP
Sorry to hear Charlie is poorly. I wonder if he is aspirating due to the possible reflux. Hope they manage to give you some answers, has anyone mentioned seizures to you? Sometimes they can be easily missed in babies and could be a cause of his blue and floppiness attacks.