• Registered
well guys it deff cant b just me that sets my son off as hes started reactin 2 his dad now, he came downstairs this mornin and my husband only said ''mornin m8'' and he went nuts started screaming shouting that he hates his dad that he hates everyone that his life is ruined. but on the other hand i think ive had a bit of a break through with our son, he came and sat next 2 me earlier and asked if he could talk 2 me about somethin so i said of course he could that he didnt have 2 ask 2 tell me somethin he said that no one at school wants 2 play with him that they all laugh at him and pick on him and that hes findin school very tough 2 deal with at the mo and he started sobbin his heart out for almost 10mins it took all i had inside not 2 cry with him.

i explained that he has a handfull of friends who want 2 play with him and that they like him 4 who he is and that they understand him and they will always want 2 b his friend cause they care about him and that its best 2 have a few good friends than lots who dont care and he seemed 2 understand what i was sayin cause he stopped cryin and looked at me and smiled like i havent seen him smile in a long time my heart melted and i really felt like we had bonded that little bit more just had 2 tell someone x

• Administrators
Glad that you had that moment Smile
Shame about the school though Sad
I would mention it to the school and see what they can do to help him and also mention it to the doctors involved with you at the moment as well.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
I'm horrified to hear what has been said to you Mrs Horner. I have a 14 year old with aspergers syndrome. He was only diagnosed last year. Your son's behaviour is reminiscent of my son's behaviour when he was in primary school and yes, I was frequently told it was my fault. The only person who was ever as harsh as your play therapist was a therapist at our CAMHS office who had a real pop at me and blamed the fact that I'm a single mother and I'd let my son have too much control and allowed him to take charge because I was incapable of taking charge. She suggested I saw my GP to get medication instead of blaming my depression on my son! I cried right there in front of her - she said all of that in front of my son too - even he was horrified and upset! I didn't make a complaint but instead rejected any further offers of help from CAMHS. I'd get new referrals but refuse to take them up because of the bad memories. Eventually I was told that she and one other no longer worked there for that very reason.

It's disgraceful that professionals have an inability to show compassion. I've always said to them 'it's okay for you, you can go home from this meeting and forget all about this but I'm having to live with it 24/7.' If they can't acknowledge that, they shouldn't be in the job.

Please, please, please make a complaint. The play worker's comments have caused you distress and she should not be in a position whereby she can do that to people. She needs training, supervision or dismissal.

As for you, chin up. You're doing an amazing job in extremely difficult circumstances. I don't know whether I can offer any comfort but my son has improved with age - I tell him he's like a fine wine! Keep going, you're making the world of difference to a little boy who doesn't cope as well as others - he needs you to be strong. xxx

• Registered
thanks minty for your reply your so right its ok for them to come in and talk a load of rubbish then walk out the door we are the ones who deal with it 24/7 and it doesnt get any easier. i have put in a complaint and ive had a massive go at my sons psychologist but i dont think he gets what im trying to say to him i called him and told him how angry and upset i was about her comments and all he said was ''well what do you want us to do next'' what i want you to do next is tell me whats going on with our son thats all we want.

He said he was just going to read the play therapist's report then he was going into a meeting with his boss to discuss what to do next as its been over a year and things are not improving they are gettin worse.
He said he was going call me back the next day and guess what im still waiting and ive been waiting for 4 days now im so angry at him.

Im going to get our son reffered to a pedetrician (sorry cant spell) as ive been told i would get more answers and help from them.
I had our sons parents evening on thursday and his school work is great he does like to take his time on things as hes a bit of a perfectionist but otherwise his work is fine its his emotional state they are worried about he tripped over in PE the other day and he went nuts screaming,shouting he went and threw a chair across his classroom it took 2 teachers 2 clam him down. hes now got an adverse hatred for all coats refuses to wear one at all wont even touch 1 but its just another reason that makes me determined 2 get him the help he needs and makes my love for him even stronger.

Oh and 2 top it all off ive been told that our son shouldnt be in mainstream school he should be in a special needs school cause he has problems,i told the woman where to go i did, my son is fine where he is and moving him would upset him big time as he hates change and new things anyway my son is an alien with 2 heads he is a child who has emotional issues and hes fine where he is the cheek of some people, maybe a special needs school would b better for him but hes doing fine in his work at his school and we have made small steps with him im not about to go 10 steps back its not fair on him

• Administrators
Just wondering where are you in terms of a statement at school?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE