• Registered
Some people just havent a clue, give them a posh job title and they play god every day! That complaint needs to be made in the strongest terms and you must accept nothing short of a full apology.... how dare they employ someone who even thinks like that, let alone voices their opinions!!!

• Moderators
comments like this make me soooo mad (hubby got an earful when i read this Big Grin) unfortunatly its not the first time pnd has been blamed for the aggression of an autistic child, what proves it wrong is that there are a good number of parents of asd children didnt get pnd (myself included) and still have violent children. i think she is in the wrong job, she has a right to an opinion however wrong it is but she needs to learn to keep her gob shut and keep it to herself. if you hadnt had pnd what would she have used as an excuse? you went out to work?
there will always be idiots who have think there are reasons other than the childs disability for aggression but how does a young child learn about violence? matt first started biting and not letting go at about 2, did watching thomas the tank give him ideas?? asd children are naturally uncoperative but just because she was failing in her job does not give her the right to blame you. As Daniel says make sure you report her and request a written apology and a different play therapist,
it is NOT your fault, it is NOT caused by pnd, it IS caused by ASD

corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
It's of the same attitude as some extremely religious doctors who have blamed disability on god's will or the parents' evil behaviour or ungodly conduct............ wrong person, wrong job but it doesnt help when they slip through the net. I wonder how many 'weaker' parents have been told the same by these idiots and believed it? Even insisting on CRB checks and 10 years of references doesnt weed them out until they come forward with stupid opinions ... grrrrr

• VIP
That is absolutely outrageous! Never ever blame yourself, it is not your fault at all. I also had PND but never has anyone said to me that my sons ASD is due to me. When your child is still developing in the womb the brain develops in a slightly different way to everyone else. Nobody caused it, it was natures way. You are not to blame and this play therapist should not be in employment. Complain as loudly as you can and save others from distress. I could swear I'm so angry for you!! xx

• VIP
This is awful - how DARE she!! I can only think of words to describe your son's play therapist that are really quite rude and I wouldn't dare type on this site! Got to ask the question - does she have children of her own?? I just get so bloody mad at people that think they know everything about being a parent when it turns out they have never brought children up themselves or been with children 24/7....Aargh! I want to speak to her for you!! I am such a big believer in mum and dad's intuition - tried and tested in our home - and maybe it's my age but I can no longer sit back and allow people to speak to me out of line or upset me or any member of my family or close friends.
You are a fabulous mummy - to get through PND must have been really tough for you and I absolutely take my hat off to you that you went on to have another baby after having pnd.
I hope you did what Daniel advised - should I have read the other posts before replying(?) - I was just SO mad when I read what you were telling us.
HUGE hug to you all - and DITCH the play therapist!! Definitely complain, tell them how she made you feel (makes you wonder if you're not the first to be unhappy with her attitude).
Lots of luck. xx