• Administrators
We are considering starting a drop in online session on a Sunday evening where me and lucy will dedicate the evening to answering all posts in relation to benefit enquiries within a section on the forum.

This is an idea at this stage?
Do you think we should do this weekly or rotate it with other topics of advise on a weekly rota?

Ideas please.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Hi i think this is a good idea. Many people don't know who to ask. It would give people the opportunity to discuss this topic in more detail.
Jo x

• Established member
sounds a great idea... still feel guilty for even thinking about benefits let alone what is available and what is out there and who to ask !
smile smile smile !

• Administrators
I would say why feel guilty look at these for stat's:

The income of families with disabled children averages £15,270, 23.5% below the UK mean income of £19,968, and 21.8% have incomes that are less than half the UK mean

Only 16% of mothers with disabled children work, compared to 61% of other mothers

It costs up to three times as much to raise a disabled child, as it does to raise a child without disabilities

Childcare costs around £5.50 per hour for a disabled child, compared to around £3.50 for other children

With lower than average incomes and higher than average expenditure, many families with disabled children are in debt. 22.6% have debts up to £5,000, 15.7% have debts of up to £10,000 and only 15.7% have no debts. In the general population, 53% have no debts

Families with disabled children spend £27.61 on loan repayments a week, compared to the UK average of £3.10

Caring for a disabled child can cause relationship problems. According to one study, 31% of couples report some problems, 13% cite major problems and 9% actually separate. Stress, depression and lack of sleep are other commonly experienced problems

Only 8% of families get services from their local social services

You think about all those times off work for medical appointments,follow ups,bad nights,bad days,broken household items,extra items for care,extra nappies etc.
It does all add up and i would say do not feel guilt and claim for what you rightly can.Shy
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE