• Registered
Thanks for your replys and tips, we have alot of support from health professionals, and we also get portage who suggested we applied so i'll ask if they can help :0) thanks again xox

• VIP
I was always told to take the worst possible day your child could have, and write about that.
Portage workers are usually very good, so I'm sure they will!

• Administrators
Please no..........................
Not the worse day!
Its a myth that you should base things on the worse day and now dla are clamping down on this.
Citizens advice was also told to stop advising this.
I think it is important to base your application on an AVERAGE PERIOD of days.
Try not to base it on one particular day when filling it in and keep a diary for a week or two detailing any care you provide and for how long and then at the end of this period you will see an established pattern and then use the pattern to guide you.
So for example if you provide a certain amount of care over a set amount of days or hours then average this off.
So say for example your child has issues sleeping and you were awake throughout the night you would do a average time of care and do the same with medications etc.
But please try to avoid the worse day situation and do it on an average day.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Ah will bear that in mind! I haven't had to fill the forms in for a few years luckily.

• Administrators
Your lucky as i hate the bleeding things!
So damm akward.
Its not even that they are very hard but the form is designed to catch people out by asking the same question using variable wording to see if the answer varies.
So people get flustered because they keep getting more and more questions.....
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE