• Administrators
its true, i don't understand how they can make such deffinitive judgements at such early ages. someone i know was told at 7months her child would never do anything, walk, talk etc. Granted he is severly autistic but he can walk now so obviously they can't be right about everything. We were told that euan would probably never eat much if anything as its very common with his condition, i don't think i've ever known a child eat so much!! Big Grin he eats way more than our 7yr old daughter, granted he doesn't put much weight on but most people would kill to be like that lol i know our daughter gets a bit miffed by it but one day she'll understand

xx

• Moderators
(11-28-2009, 08:11 PM)Lucy Wrote: its true, i don't understand how they can make such deffinitive judgements at such early ages. someone i know was told at 7months her child would never do anything, walk, talk etc. Granted he is severly autistic but he can walk now so obviously they can't be right about everything. We were told that euan would probably never eat much if anything as its very common with his condition, i don't think i've ever known a child eat so much!! Big Grin he eats way more than our 7yr old daughter, granted he doesn't put much weight on but most people would kill to be like that lol i know our daughter gets a bit miffed by it but one day she'll understand

xx

lol @ not eating much matt has ate more than me since he was about 12, he might have fixed ideas about food but if i dont give him enough to eat then thats when i get the aggression (you would think it wouldnt have taken till he was 16 for us to work that out lol) he is not underweight but there isnt a bit of fat on him and its not fair hehe. not being still even when sitting down might have something to do with it though Blush

• Administrators
Euan is the same he just tucks it away,he actually eats more than me im sure but because of this condition he does not grow and does not really put weight on.
Trying to explain to his older sister than Euan can have two breakfasts as his body needs it and she cant is another story though....
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
had my visits to 2 special schools now, they were so fantastic i want it so much more now. the school where my son is now should be ashamed of themselfs. i know for sure now that he is so right for one of these places, sadly the 2 ive visited so far have no places and the other has one and 3 parents have been for a visit. but there some more to go yet.

• Administrators
Nice to know that your happy with the settings,just now the struggle of A)Getting a place and B)Finding a school you like with a place.....
Whats the long terms plan now Becky?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE