• Registered
did your son know you were going for a visit? when you go for a visit you will need to talk about transistioning him slowly, very slowly. my son started with just one afternoon a week for a while and then over months he went more and more til it had built up to full time. ask what things they would have in place to encourage him into class. when this does happen, you could take something that he really likes with him. my son goes into school with a car or bike in his pocket which helps him.

can i ask where he is now? my daughter has been granted stay until she is five at her current place in nursery. but i had to fight for this, if you read in the small print of the admissions booklet im sure it says is it is of benefit to the child they can stay at nursery until the term after they are five years old.

• Registered
Reading through this evening and it seems the whole education system just makes things such a struggle.
Why do they do this?

• Registered
i think maybe its just to give people jobs titled 'im here to cause you hell and mess you around!!!'

i dont know it all seems so very sad for the children, we should call for every parent of a disabled child at school and see how many of them are recieving the help they need and most of all are they happy. i think the Children happiness is lost in procedure and red tape.