• VIP
Its a thing our daughter can use to stand in in the kitchen to make her worktop height. I don'tknowifit is thesame with ds games but we are looking into a ipad with specific communication software after suggestion from Annie's slt and we are really struggling to get anyone to fund it! The voucher can be used at a choice of shops:- matalan, peacocks, debenhams, new look anda couple more
Rachel

• Registered
(02-22-2011, 04:46 PM)annies mummy Wrote: Its a thing our daughter can use to stand in in the kitchen to make her worktop height. I don'tknowifit is thesame with ds games but we are looking into a ipad with specific communication software after suggestion from Annie's slt and we are really struggling to get anyone to fund it! The voucher can be used at a choice of shops:- matalan, peacocks, debenhams, new look anda couple more
Rachel

Rhys would love an ipad, i haven't heard of the communication software though, Rhys hasn't got a SLT. So there's quite a few choices of where to get the clothes from.
Karynn

• Moderators
(02-22-2011, 04:46 PM)annies mummy Wrote: Its a thing our daughter can use to stand in in the kitchen to make her worktop height. I don'tknowifit is thesame with ds games but we are looking into a ipad with specific communication software after suggestion from Annie's slt and we are really struggling to get anyone to fund it! The voucher can be used at a choice of shops:- matalan, peacocks, debenhams, new look anda couple more
Rachel

is the software proloquo2go? we were told that it should be funded by speech and language unit. they got out of providing it for matt as they said the need had been shown by college so it was their responsibility to pay for it and as he is nearly 18 it would take too long to fight it but it is a really good piece of software as the college bought it for him to use at college as i had already supplied the ipod touch. cauldwell children might help if speech and lang wont. i was told by family fund as it was a learning item they wouldnt pay for it and speech said as it could be used for downloading songs on the ipod they wouldnt pay for that lol should have asked ff for the ipod and speech for the software but by time worked that out it was too late hehe

paperdos for info on this if its the same as what rachel is talking about check this out http://www.proloquo2go.com/
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
(02-23-2011, 12:12 PM)corinne Wrote: [quote='annie's mummy' pid='26980' dateline='1298393160']
Its a thing our daughter can use to stand in in the kitchen to make her worktop height. I don'tknowifit is thesame with ds games but we are looking into a ipad with specific communication software after suggestion from Annie's slt and we are really struggling to get anyone to fund it! The voucher can be used at a choice of shops:- matalan, peacocks, debenhams, new look anda couple more
Rachel

is the software proloquo2go? we were told that it should be funded by speech and language unit. they got out of providing it for matt as they said the need had been shown by college so it was their responsibility to pay for it and as he is nearly 18 it would take too long to fight it but it is a really good piece of software as the college bought it for him to use at college as i had already supplied the ipod touch. cauldwell children might help if speech and lang wont. i was told by family fund as it was a learning item they wouldnt pay for it and speech said as it could be used for downloading songs on the ipod they wouldnt pay for that lol should have asked ff for the ipod and speech for the software but by time worked that out it was too late hehe

paperdos for info on this if its the same as what rachel is talking about check this out http

I had a look at the link & I honestly don't think Rhys would use it. He doesn't like drawing attention to himself in school, he never asks for help or instigates a conversation. I'd previously looked into Pecs but I can't see him using it. We're hoping that he'll get a one to one assistant that he'll speak to - once we get his statement that is!

• VIP
Hithere
the funpod is a wooden thing that annie can stand in in the kitshen to reach the worktop safely. the clothing voucher can be used in a variety of places matalan, debenhams, peacocks, new look and a couple more and is a card so doesn't have to be used all at once. I don't know about ds, but i am looking for funding for ipad at the moment as recommended as a communication aid by slt and i'm strugging!