• Administrators
Thank you to osullivan1986 for Novemembers spotlight member.

Enjoy:

1) Tell us about your Childs disability and age?

Tyler age 5 complex partial epilepsy,dyprsaxia,hearing loss,speech delay.

2) Tell us about the day you got the diagnosis?

The day i got tylers diagnosis i was devastated but relieved in another way as we finally knew that was wrong with him.His consualtant said the eeg scan showed us complex partial epilepsy in the tembrol lobes.
He has been through so much as a baby he was in and out of hossy from age 9months he started to have fits but the hossy kept saying it was febrile and always said i had nothing to worry about boy were they wrong.

3) Who was the first person you told about your Childs diagnosis and how did they react?
my partner his dad.

4) What is your Childs biggest achievement to date?

being able to hop (sounds strange and here is y) he has never been able to hop no matter how hard he has tried.
well the other day he was hallunitaing and told me his leg was broken from below his knee and he was hopping i was so amazed as the next day he woke up and started to hop just to see the look on his face was priceless.
He is so happy that he can hop like his friends now.

5) What 3 tips would you give to parents of disabled children?

1: always follow ur heart and never give up

2:push as hard as u can to get the treatment ur Children deserve.dnt take no for an answer thats what we have done and afta 4 yrs we have finally got a diagonse.

3: give the child as much love as possible as sumtimes they feel like u dnt.

6) What has your Childs disability taught you and how has it changed you?

my childs disalilty has taught me that no matter what problems u have to deal with you will always find a way through it.

7) What did your Childs diagnosis change in terms of your dreams for the future?

becoming a nurse but now i have decided i aint gona let it stop me im now starting an open uni course in feb.
8) You run the country and you have the power to change ONE thing what would it be?

9) What organization has delivered excellent service when dealing with any aspect of your Childs disability?
tjs nuroligist (sp) and this website

10) Have you ever had to fight for something to help your Childs disability?
i have had to fight my way through from stop to finish and i wont stop till he gets the help that he needs.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Great to read your story osullivan and young Tyler too Well done

Bernie xx
Don't look down on anyone unless your helping them up

• VIP
(12-01-2010, 07:26 AM)Berniethebolt Wrote: Great to read your story osullivan and young Tyler too Well done

Bernie xx

thank you xx

• VIP
great to read a bit more about your little man.well done to you on your open uni course too,best of luck with that.xxx hope you are having a great holiday. Smile

• VIP
(12-01-2010, 03:49 PM)chrissie Wrote: great to read a bit more about your little man.well done to you on your open uni course too,best of luck with that.xxx hope you are having a great holiday. Smile

thanks hun.having a brill time at the mo till my daughter hurt herself quite bad yesterday xx