• VIP
Hi,
I'm desperately looking for places to go in Cheshire with my almost 3 year old daughter with cerebral palsy. She's a lively little thing, desperate to do things everybody does.. but she can't sit or walk unaided as well as can't talk. I've tried play centres, but they're built with healthy Children in mind and it was very exhausting + not much to do. Any ideas are welcome Smile Thank you for reading this..

• Registered
If you pop down near queensferry there's a lovely place called greenacres farm, they cater for everyone and she will have a lovely time sitting safely on a pony, holding day old chicks,lazing on a bale of hay whilst you hold her ice cream, bottle feeding lambs...... if you dont have at least a good 4 hours there I would be very surprised Smile
http://www.greenacresanimalpark.co.uk/

• VIP
Thank you.. will definitely try out this place Smile I'm sure she'd love it..

• Registered
That's what I thought....... we often take friends there as there is something for everyone without it being too busy or pressured Smile

• Established member
(07-19-2010, 06:41 PM)Kat Wrote: Thank you.. will definitely try out this place Smile I'm sure she'd love it..

Hi, i no its a bit late but the ice cream farm in cheshire is good, it has good access for wheel chairs and everything is on ground level, also the candle factory which is just down the road from the ice cream farm is also good, down stair is all level or ramped, they do have an upstairs and a stair lift but if your child cant sit unaided then carrying them may be an option (i have a little boy whos 6 and can easily manage to carry him up the stairs)
greenacres is good but we were turned down on the pony ride as it was a 'health and saftey' issue but yet again if your child can sit unaided it shouldnt be a problem.
Chester zoo is a good option although they dont let carers in free anymore Sad
Also a fantastic option is the blue planet aquarium in cheshire oaks, its only about £10 to get in an carers are free and u can stay there all day if u want Smile
Hope this helps!!